14294 E Keith Drive

    Parks, AZ 86018
    • $184,900
    • STATUS: Active
    • ON SITE: 30 days
    • MLS #: 5846268
    UPDATED: 35 min ago
    $184,900
    • 0
      BEDS
    • 5.06
      ACRES
    • 0
      BATHS
    • 0
      1/2 BATHS
    Neighborhood:
    Type:
    Vacant Land / Lots
    County:
    Area:

    School Information

    Elementary School:
    Middle School:
    High School:
    School District:

    Description

    Once in a lifetime opportunity to own this A-M-A-Z-I-N-G level and TREED Lot situated in Parks Arizona. Build your dream Home or a Vacation Cabin and enjoy wide open spaces in the center of Coconino National Forest. This is Prime location for Summer Fun and Winter Adventure! TREED Lots rarely come up for sale, this lot has easy access and its level and ready for your new home. Many custom homes in the area. Fantastic views of the San Francisco Peaks! Hurry, this one will be gone fast!22 Miles to Flagstaff, 18 Miles to Williams, 35 Miles to Snowbowl & Humphrey's Peak , 48 Miles to Sedona, 76 Miles to The Grand Canyon!Get Your Kick's on Route 66! Parks is a small village located in Coconino County on the old alignment of Route 66 in NorthWestern Arizona. The small town of Parks, Arizona is the site of the famous Parks General Store, over 100 years old, which predates Route 66. Don't miss some icons like Maurice's Motel & Cafe, the Wagon Wheel Lodge and the Historic Segments of Route 66 in Parks, listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Parks is a census-designated place in Coconino County, Arizona, United States. The population was 1,188 at the 2010 census. Elevation: 7,080 Zip code: 86018 Population: 3,302 (2000) Weather: 40F (4C), Wind NE at 11 mph (18 km/h), 18% Humidity Area code: Area code 928 Area: 170.1 mi (170.1 mi Land / 13 acres Water) The forests between Williams and Flagstaff have been inhabited for over 10,000 years. Until the 1400s, the "Sinagua" natives, grew their crops in the area but were forced east after very severe dry periods. The Spanish who incorporated Arizona into their American colonies never settled the area, and left it to Mexico after it became independent in 1821. Mexico lost Arizona to the U.S. after its defeat in the 1846-48 War and the region was explored by U.S. Army officer Edward "Ned" Fitzgerald Beale who surveyed a route from Fort Smith in Arkansas to California (roughly following the course taken later by Route 66 west of Oklahoma City). Beale rode through what is now Parks in 1857 and the trail he opened can still be seen. Arizona became a separate territory from New Mexico during the American Civil War (1863). Settlers arrived after the Navajo were relocated to their reservation and sheep herders set up their homesteads in the grassy patches in the forest west of Flagstaff. The Atlantic & Pacific Railroad (later the Atchison Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad) built its tracks westwards towards California and built a siding near modern Parks in 1883. T. Dennis opened a saw mill there, shipping out railroad ties cut from the local timber. A village grew around the mill and the post office opened in 1898. Dennis named it Rhodes, which somehow mutated into "Rhoades". Shortly after the U.S. battleship Maine was sunk in Havana, Cuba by an explosion in 1898 (which led to the Spanish - American war), the town and station were named Maine and approved by the U.S. Postal Service in 1907. When the first highway was laid through the area in 1906, the village relocated two miles to the northwest, and the old station became "Old Maine" while the new town became "Maine". That was when the original general store was built by McMillan on a grant of land given to him by the U.S. Government in 1910. The National Old Trails (N.O.T.) highway was completed through Parks in 1921 and the first road to the Grand Canyon was built north of the town that same year. Harold Longfellow and Harold Cameron opened a gas station and grocery store there (though some versions say that the store was built on the junction by Art Anderson and Don McMillan in 1921). That same year, the town was renamed Parks, after the post office which had moved there in 1915. In 1926, Route 66 was aligned down the N.O.T and a growing flow of motorists drove down the new unpaved highway. Parks is best known for its General Store, Maurice's Motel and Cafe, the Wagon Wheel Lodge and the historic segments of Route 66 that passes right through it. This is the highest part of the whole Route 66, at Brannigan Park. Jack DeVere Rittenhouse mentioned the small village of Parks in his book "A Guide Book to Highway 66", published in 1946. He states that 8 miles west of Bellemont is "Parks, another of those 'one establishment towns,' offer gas and a few cabins". In clear allusion to the Parks General Store. One mile west of the store was the "Fireside Inn" which also had gasoline and "a few cabins". Three miles west of Parks was a free camping spot maintained by the U.S. Government, followed, 2 miles west by the "Wagon Wheel Lodge" with gasoline and log cabins. Only the General Store and the Wagon Wheel are still standing.

    Monthly Payment Calculator

    © 2018 Arizona Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved. All information should be verified by the recipient and none is guaranteed as accurate by ARMLS. The ARMLS logo indicates a property listed by a real estate brokerage other than Brett Tanner Home Selling Team. Data last updated 2018-12-15T23:13:00.5.
    www.yournextphoenixhome.com/homes/89400916

    14294 E Keith Drive Parks, AZ 86018

    • Price: $184,900
    • Status: Active
    • Updated: 35 min ago
    • MLS #: 5846268
    0
    Beds
    0
    Baths
    0
    ½ Baths
    5.06
    Acres
    Neighborhood:
    Forrest Meadows
    County:
    Coconino
    Area:
    Parks
    Elementary School:
    Other
    Middle School:
    Other
    High School:
    Other
    School District:
    000 - Out of Area
    Property Description
    Once in a lifetime opportunity to own this A-M-A-Z-I-N-G level and TREED Lot situated in Parks Arizona. Build your dream Home or a Vacation Cabin and enjoy wide open spaces in the center of Coconino National Forest. This is Prime location for Summer Fun and Winter Adventure! TREED Lots rarely come up for sale, this lot has easy access and its level and ready for your new home. Many custom homes in the area. Fantastic views of the San Francisco Peaks! Hurry, this one will be gone fast!22 Miles to Flagstaff, 18 Miles to Williams, 35 Miles to Snowbowl & Humphrey's Peak , 48 Miles to Sedona, 76 Miles to The Grand Canyon!Get Your Kick's on Route 66! Parks is a small village located in Coconino County on the old alignment of Route 66 in NorthWestern Arizona. The small town of Parks, Arizona is the site of the famous Parks General Store, over 100 years old, which predates Route 66. Don't miss some icons like Maurice's Motel & Cafe, the Wagon Wheel Lodge and the Historic Segments of Route 66 in Parks, listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Parks is a census-designated place in Coconino County, Arizona, United States. The population was 1,188 at the 2010 census. Elevation: 7,080 Zip code: 86018 Population: 3,302 (2000) Weather: 40F (4C), Wind NE at 11 mph (18 km/h), 18% Humidity Area code: Area code 928 Area: 170.1 mi (170.1 mi Land / 13 acres Water) The forests between Williams and Flagstaff have been inhabited for over 10,000 years. Until the 1400s, the "Sinagua" natives, grew their crops in the area but were forced east after very severe dry periods. The Spanish who incorporated Arizona into their American colonies never settled the area, and left it to Mexico after it became independent in 1821. Mexico lost Arizona to the U.S. after its defeat in the 1846-48 War and the region was explored by U.S. Army officer Edward "Ned" Fitzgerald Beale who surveyed a route from Fort Smith in Arkansas to California (roughly following the course taken later by Route 66 west of Oklahoma City). Beale rode through what is now Parks in 1857 and the trail he opened can still be seen. Arizona became a separate territory from New Mexico during the American Civil War (1863). Settlers arrived after the Navajo were relocated to their reservation and sheep herders set up their homesteads in the grassy patches in the forest west of Flagstaff. The Atlantic & Pacific Railroad (later the Atchison Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad) built its tracks westwards towards California and built a siding near modern Parks in 1883. T. Dennis opened a saw mill there, shipping out railroad ties cut from the local timber. A village grew around the mill and the post office opened in 1898. Dennis named it Rhodes, which somehow mutated into "Rhoades". Shortly after the U.S. battleship Maine was sunk in Havana, Cuba by an explosion in 1898 (which led to the Spanish - American war), the town and station were named Maine and approved by the U.S. Postal Service in 1907. When the first highway was laid through the area in 1906, the village relocated two miles to the northwest, and the old station became "Old Maine" while the new town became "Maine". That was when the original general store was built by McMillan on a grant of land given to him by the U.S. Government in 1910. The National Old Trails (N.O.T.) highway was completed through Parks in 1921 and the first road to the Grand Canyon was built north of the town that same year. Harold Longfellow and Harold Cameron opened a gas station and grocery store there (though some versions say that the store was built on the junction by Art Anderson and Don McMillan in 1921). That same year, the town was renamed Parks, after the post office which had moved there in 1915. In 1926, Route 66 was aligned down the N.O.T and a growing flow of motorists drove down the new unpaved highway. Parks is best known for its General Store, Maurice's Motel and Cafe, the Wagon Wheel Lodge and the historic segments of Route 66 that passes right through it. This is the highest part of the whole Route 66, at Brannigan Park. Jack DeVere Rittenhouse mentioned the small village of Parks in his book "A Guide Book to Highway 66", published in 1946. He states that 8 miles west of Bellemont is "Parks, another of those 'one establishment towns,' offer gas and a few cabins". In clear allusion to the Parks General Store. One mile west of the store was the "Fireside Inn" which also had gasoline and "a few cabins". Three miles west of Parks was a free camping spot maintained by the U.S. Government, followed, 2 miles west by the "Wagon Wheel Lodge" with gasoline and log cabins. Only the General Store and the Wagon Wheel are still standing.
    Exterior Features

    Elevation 6001 - 7000 Ft Fencing Wire (Srmks) Freeway Highway 2.1 - 5 Miles Land Configuration Square Rectangular Land Features North/South Exp Lot Size Dimensions 589X418x465x437 Parcel Size 5.00 - 9.99 Acres Road Streets Dirt/Gravel Topography Level Vegetation TreedMeadow/Range Grs

    Property Features

    Cross Street Spring Valley Rd & Keith Dr Development Status Raw Land Electric ApsUnderground Existing Land Use Residential LotRanchResidential Acreage For Sale Or Lease Sale Gas None Hoa YN N Hoa2 YN N Horses Y New Financing CashConventional Potential Use Single FamilyRanch Sewer No Sewer/Septic Special Listing Conditions N/A Tax Year 2018 Taxes 953.00 Traffic Count Unknown Water Hauled Water Zoned Presently RuralRanch Zoning Rural Res Vac

    Listing courtesy of Diligence Realty.
    © 2018 Arizona Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved. All information should be verified by the recipient and none is guaranteed as accurate by ARMLS. The ARMLS logo indicates a property listed by a real estate brokerage other than Brett Tanner Home Selling Team. Data last updated 2018-12-15T23:13:00.5.
     
    Brett Tanner Home Selling Team
    4862 E. Baseline Rd.
    Mesa AZ, 85206